Nigeria Freedom of Information (FOI) Act was enacted in May 28, 2011. The purpose and objectives of the FOI Act are:
1. To make public records and information more freely available.
2. To provide for public access to public records and information.
3. To protect public records and information to the extent consistent with the public interest and the protection of personal privacy.
4. To protect serving public officers from adverse consequences for disclosing certain kinds of officials information without authorization.
5. To establish procedures for the achievement of these purposes and for other related matters.
DOCUMENTS ON FOI ACT
HOW IS AN FOIA REQUEST MADE?
To get information under the FOIA, a request must be made either electronically (e.g. email, online form) or by letter in written form, describing the information sought for, and the preferred format of the response, in as much detail as possible.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR RESPONDING TO AN FOIA REQUEST?
Your request will receive the quickest possible response if it is sent to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Letters should be addressed as follows:
The Desk Officer, Freedom of Information Acts, Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria, Radio House, Herbert Macaulay Way, Garki, Abuja, Nigeria.(FOI: Mr. Osana Omame Tel: 08039705059, Email: email@example.com).