Iran one of the world’s worst-affected countries on Saturday announced that 139 more people had died from corona-virus pandemic, raising the official death toll to 2,517.
The spokesman for the country’s Health ministry, Mr Kianoush Jahanpour made the announcement during a news conference that 3,076 more cases had been confirmed, bringing the total number of infections to 35,408.
Mr Jahanpour said the condition of over 3,000 people hospitalized was critical, adding that 11,679 patients have recovered and been discharged from hospital.
Jahanpour said that 57 million Iranians had been screened for the virus.
He said the data received had been “significant” and had helped with early detection and intervention.