All is set to crown this year’s winner of the Best FIFA Football Awards 2019 in Milan at the Teatro alla Scala today being the 23 of September 2019.
This season’s nominees were revealed earlier this September at a media event held at the San Siro stadium in the presence of FIFA Legends Laura Georges, Patrizia Panico, Santiago Solari and Gianluca Zambrotta.
The shortlisted candidates for The Best FIFA Football Awards 2019 are:
The Best FIFA Men’s Player:
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal/Juventus)
- Lionel Messi (Argentina/Barcelona)
- Virgil van Dijk (Netherlands/Liverpool)
The Best FIFA Women’s Player:
- Lucy Bronze (England/Olympique Lyonnais)
- Alex Morgan (USA/Orlando Pride)
- Megan Rapinoe (USA/Reign FC)
The Best FIFA Men’s Coach:
- Pep Guardiola (Spain/Manchester City)
- Jürgen Klopp (Germany/Liverpool)
- Mauricio Pochettino (Argentina/Tottenham Hotspur)
The Best FIFA Women’s Coach:
- Jill Ellis (USA/USA national team)
- Phil Neville (England/English national team)
- Sarina Wiegman (Netherlands/Dutch national team)
Other awards include the FIFA Puskás Award:
- Lionel Messi (ARG) – Real Betis v. FC Barcelona [La Liga] (17 March 2019)
- Juan Fernando Quintero (COL) – River Plate v. Racing Club [Superliga Argentina] (10 February 2019
- Dániel Zsóri (HUN) – Debrecen FC v Ferencváros TC [Hungarian First Division] (16 February 2019)
FIFA Fan Award*:
- Silvia Grecco (Brazilian mother who vividly describes Palmeiras matches to her blind son).
- Netherlands fans (the incredible Dutch fans at the FIFA Women’s World Cup France 2019).
- Justo Sánchez (Uruguayan father who does not miss a single game of his team’s rival in loving memory of his deceased son).
This year is also historic as for the first time, footballers from around the world will also vote for a FIFA FIFPro Women’s World11.