South African police says at least one person was killed on Sunday in a fresh Xenophobic attacks in Johannesburg.
The victim was stabbed with a sharp object at a corner of Bree and Plein streets in Johannesburg, News 24 reports.
According to the report, Police could not immediately confirmed the identity of the man killed in the fresh attack.
Gauteng police spokesperson, Captain Kay Makhubele, also confirmed that five people had been injured.
A group of men, some of them with wielding sticks, pangas and tree branches, marched through the city centre after disrupting a meeting in which IFP President Emeritus Mangosuthu Buthelezi spoke to hostel residents following a week of deadly xenophobic violence.
Makhubele said 16 people were arrested for public violence and possession of stolen property.
Several shops were forced to close their doors as the protesters damaged property and looted several businesses.
Brigadier Mathapelo Peters has confirmed that the situation in the CBD, Jeppestown and Hillbrow was “under control”.
“Police have heightened visibility since this afternoon and will continue to monitor the area to ensure that no further incidents of violence erupt,” Peters said.
Shops and properties of foreign nationals, especially Nigerians were last week looted and destroyed.
This made Nigeria, Rwanda and Malawi to pull out of the World Economic Forum, held in South Africa.
Zambia and Madagascar cancelled an international friendly match with South Africa over the violence.
Eleven people had been reported killed in the violence over the last week.