Tunisia has agreed to accept a boat carrying around forty African migrants stranded for two weeks off the country’s coast after first allowing it to dock.
An official of the Tunisian Red Crescent, Monji Slim, said the boat will arrive on Wednesday morning in the southern port of Zarzis.
Among the migrants are two pregnant women, he told Reuters, adding that aid and food had been already delivered to the vessel.
The North African country had first argued Malta or Italy should accept the migrants, according to the Red Crescent.
It was not clear where the migrants had set off from before they were rescued by the Tunisian vessel.