Home » NKorea angrily calls off talks with South
Asia Headlines News World World News

NKorea angrily calls off talks with South

North Korea has cancelled Wednesday’s high-level talks with South Korea because of anger over its joint military exercises with the US.

The North’s official KCNA news agency said the exercises were a “provocation” and a rehearsal for an invasion.

It also warned the US over the fate of the historic summit between Kim Jong-un and US President Donald Trump that is scheduled for June 12 in Singapore.

In March, Mr. Trump stunned the world by accepting an invitation to meet Mr. Kim.

The US state department said it was continuing to prepare for the Trump-Kim summit and that it was not aware of any changes in the North Korean position.

The scheduled talks with South Korea were a follow-up to a rare summit that was held on April 27.

They were agreed earlier this week and were set to take place at Panmunjom, a military compound in the demilitarised zone between the two countries, according to the BBC.

 

 

Leave a Comment