The Federal Government says it has extended the ongoing search for the 110 girls abducted from the Government Girls Science and Technical College, GGSTC, Dapchi, Yobe State, to the neighbouring countries.
Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said top military and security officials travelled to the northeast to add more urgency to the search, which has now been extended beyond the northeast theatre.
According to the minister, the officials include the country’s top military officers, such as Chief of Defence Staff,CDS, Gen. Abayomi Olonisakin; Chief of Naval Staff, CNS, Vice Admiral Ibok-Ete Ekwe Ibas; Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai, COAS and the Director General of the Department of State Services, DSS, Alhaji Lawal Daura.
They joined the Chief of Air Staff, CAS, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, who had earlier relocated to the northeast, as well as the National Security Adviser, NSA, Maj-Gen. Babagana Monguno (rtd), have also visited the abduction scene.
The federal government had earlier released the names and other details of the 110 girls yet to be accounted for, following the February 19 attack a panel was set up to unravel the circumstances surrounding their abduction.