The fourth batch of 465 Nigerian returnees from Libya have arrived in Port Harcourt, Mr Martins Ejike, South-South Zonal Coordinator, National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), has said.
Ejike, who received the returnees on Friday, told newsmen that the people arrived about 12.25 a.m. on board Max Air.
Ejike said that the evacuation of Nigerians stranded in Lybia had been a huge success in spite of challenges in Lybia during the negotiations for their return.
He said that the Federal Government had put every mechanism in place to fast-track the evacuation.
He said the agency would contact state governors for prompt evacuation of the returnees from the Port Harcourt centre.
He said that so far, 1,955 returnees had been brought back to Nigeria by Max Air out of 3,138 expected to be brought back.
Osita John, one of the returnees, thanked the Federal Government for rescuing them and fulfilling its promise of bringing Nigerians home.
John described his experience in Lybia as horrible and unforgettable and advised Nigerian youths still nursing the idea of travelling out of the country illegally to drop it.
John called on Federal Government to continue with the evacuation to save many youths still in different prisons in Lybia.
The Federal Government has identified 5,000 Nigerians currently trapped in Libyan detention camps.