The Minister of Education, Malam Adamu Adamu, has urged higher institutions and the general public to disregard social media reports that he has cancelled Post-Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination, Post-UTME.
A statement by the Federal Ministry of Education on Wednesday in Abuja directed institutions to carry on with the conduct of the Post-UTME.
The minister also warned that institutions charging above the stipulated sum of N2000 for the exercise would be sanctioned.
The statement says the minister viewed this as an act of insubordination and emphatically redirected that every institution that violated the directive would be made to face disciplinary action.
She said that the minister directed such institutions to refund to the students immediately as Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) had been directed to compile list of violators for appropriate sanctions.
It also says “The ministry also urges the media to always endeavour to crosscheck facts with the relevant officials of the ministry before publication, particularly when such sensitive matters of national importance are involved.”