North Korea says it is willing to restart denuclearisation talks with the US later this month.
Vice foreign minister Choe Son-hui said on Tuesday that her country was willing to resume “comprehensive” discussions in a setting agreed by both sides.
Ms. Choe’s comment came after US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo voiced hopes for talks to resume.
But hours after Ms. Choe spoke, two short-range projectiles were reportedly fired from North Korea.
It’s the latest in a series of tests in recent months.
At their first meeting, last year, US President Donald Trump and North Korea’s Kim Jong-Un agreed to the “complete denuclearisation” of the Korean peninsula. However, the two leaders failed to determine how to achieve it.
In February, discussions on the finer details collapsed, during their second summit in Vietnam.